Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Somebody's Watching Me

Somebody's Watching Me - Rockwell

I'm just an average man
With an average life
I work from nine to five
Hey, hell, I pay the price
All I want is to be left alone
In my average home
But why do I always feel
Like I'm in the twilight zone

And I always feel like
Somebody's watching me
And I have no privacy
Whooooa-oh-oh
I always feel like
Somebody's watching me
Tell me, is it just a dream

http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/rockwell/somebodys_watching_me.html

This spooky bit of Sovietcana apparently is a tribute to the Soviet security services, ie, the KGB. Although another source says it's not just the security services, it's the military too. Which would make some sense, since it's at one end of the former Chernoarminskaya (Red Army) street here in Kiev. Well whatever it is, I'm not sure I'd like to wake up in the morning and see these two cheery fellows staring at me though my windows.



No comments: